Monday, March 21, 2011

John in Japan.


My cell was ringing at 7am as I was coming down the stairs.
"I'm okay!!!"
What?
"I was in the earthquake, I'm okay!".
No clue.
"You haven't looked at your computer or turned on the news... an 8.9. Lee and I are okay. I thought I was coming down with food poisoning or the flu because my stomach was churning, and I thought the room was spinning. I went to the window, pulled back the curtains and saw the building across the street swaying back and forth... huge earthquake!".
Good God.
John had been texting both of the boys throughout (because they are young and awake at 3am). Danny told John not to call me... "you're okay Dad, and Mom is asleep you'll freak her out if you keep trying to call".
I had left my cell down stairs and was oblivious to the rest of the world.
So much, and John's now safe at home with an incredible story.
Hardest for my sweet husband? Hopping on a plane and leaving it all behind.
The thought of the retired and older nuclear plant workers being called in on basically a suicide mission to do whatever it takes to keep things cool and from exploding, basically knowing it will.

Here's what you need to do. Contact the Red Cross. Donate. Keep Japan in your prayers.
And know, that these are our neighbors.


Home, sweet home.
Grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh-My-Heart...
    I was wondering if he was there when it happened... Glad John is HOME SAFE!!!
    Hugs-
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary! Glad to hear this has a happy ending. I know how it feels to want to be safe but so difficult to leave others behind knowing the continued danger. (from my past life experiences)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!