Monday, August 13, 2012

Weddings. Trends and Me Moving On.

I am vintage.  I love it and it loves me.
However...
As does everything in life, things change.
Trends and styles change.  I have always been a bit ahead of the game (well let's just say the Door County game which is usually 10 years behind the real trends) and need to take "vintage" to a new level.  While I will always adore worn, tattered, chippy, "patina'd"... something else is rising in my thoughts and wants.
Shiny.  Well taken care of.  Elegant.  Glamorous.
(yet still affordable)
 
I will be taking on some new weddings next summer and am excited to see what brides are looking for.  It has been a lovely surprise for me to style a wedding.  A bride tells me her vision, and I am given instructions, provided props and settings, surrounded with hard working, creative people... not to mention how the flowers bring it all to life, the cake is a work of art and a very talented photographer captures the moments as they unfold. 
(which all really make me look good)
And then there's this...
Pinterest.  Good grief.

This photo has moved me for two days!

A black wedding dress.  Sounds bleak and strange, but just look at it!
I would totally do this.
Can you imagine everyone turning around to look at you walking up the aisle in this?
Yes, it is beautiful.  Stunning.  
Artistic and memorable... just like a wedding should be.

Well, this is also me avoiding the sadness that has been happening at the shop lately.
Closing.
I have made peace with it, knowing my next steps... what I didn't plan on were the customers who used to be 60 and now are 76, used to be 12 and now are 28.... and all the hugs, sadness, well wishes... and knowing full well if you come into the shop, it could be the last time I see you... and to think of the great conversations and just general fun we've had.

Stories to come... but focus on those pics above... would you wear a black wedding gown?
xoxo
Angie

2 comments:

  1. Angie,
    May the closing of the shop leave you with wonderful memories and the time to pursue new happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie! Getting married Sept 29th and would love some ideas from you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!