Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

‎With the stress and melancholy that has come with closing the shop, we decided to have some fun.
My youngest son, Ben, and his friend Carolyn decided to host a Christmas Ball in our barn.
Dress up to your hearts desire, games, dancing, food, drink and prizes.
I really just wanted to share this picture with you, because when I remember the night, this moment is one I just don't want to forget.  Steve Brandt who volunteered to take pictures, captured it.


@[207877042194:274:Wild Tomato Wood-Fired Pizza and Grille] crew lookin mighty dapper!
This is the crew of the Wild Tomato in Fish Creek, they had finally all gotten off of work and the dancing and fun was really picking up.  The owners, Britt and Sarah are sitting in the center of the picture.
I'm not going to tell you why the great laughter burst out, but trust me it was precious and something that would resemble a Wes Anderson movie.  This is a quirky group.
Because I am the mother of two of these people, it tickles me even more.  The young man in the chair with the biggest cackle is my youngest son, Ben.  That's him.  Gregarious, hilarious, tender hearted and if you're a decent person, your best friend.  Next to him perched on the arm of the sofa is my oldest son Danny.  That's him.  Wicked sense of humor, wary and doesn't just open himself up to anyone, maybe a little on the cryptic side... however the glass is usually half full.  Never misses a moment, just watches from afar.

I put my hands on the computer screen to just focus on Ben's face, then pan back to the rest of the picture.  Then I did on Danny's.  Both my boys captured perfectly in one shot.
Merry Christmas to me.
If you want to just smile, click on the picture to enlarge and just enjoy one surprising, slightly twisted moment that no one could stifle.

Merry Christmas to you.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!