Monday, July 1, 2013

Photo Shoot = Serendipity, Chapter Two.

I'm going to let you in on a secret.  Amid the happy chaos were some serious flub ups.  Had it just been a real wedding, with big time planning, there would be no room for error and serious back up would have been  in place.
I was in charge of putting the "bones" of the fake wedding in place.  Told everyone involved what I would be using and doing and it was at their discretion to choose what they would contribute to the event.  This was our chance to really blow it out of the water.  Something not seen before, but not too crazy/artsy fartsy.
I will let you in on one of my less than stellar moments...
I sent Tara, the fabulous print designer one idea after another.  Told her here's an idea, if you have a chance this would be fun... let her pick and choose from my requests.
I found a great resource for cocktails from the 1920's.  The Bee's Knee's, Between the Sheets, French Side Car.  I would have her print the recipes for three different drinks, have all the ingredients there for a do it yourself bar.  Gorgeous glass ware, vintage shakers, and handful of pretty drinks to photograph.  All sparkly and glitzy... ballyhoo and shenanigans.
Sounds fabulous.

About 30 minutes before we were to switch locations and shoot the reception, I told Katie "Go into the barn and pull everything you can find to make a bar".
I had totally forgotten. Tara had sent many beautiful things but not the bar recipes. With so many details, this one slipped my mind... I mean I didn't even have any liquids.
Claire had made a fabulous sign on a large mirror that would hang behind the bar, but that's all I had.
All I had.


Here's why I had to share this part... we pulled it off.  It was an all for one, one for all atmosphere.
In about 20 minutes Katie produced a photo worthy bar, out of thin air.  Gorgeous.

Thinking back to some of the words uttered from others... "I don't know what I'm doing... It's all gone... You just have to make it work... You really don't want to eat it... Sometimes more is not more... It should stay up...  You know, I can do that for you...look what I found... It's not really about talent, it's about being tall".

It was a magical atmosphere, full of can-do people.  And we did.  If  one of us stalled, the others were there to cover and pick up the pieces.

This ends chapter two, and a lesson to us all.

One for all and all for one.  Always, and in everything.



Oh, and here's a teaser for chapter three:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!